Friends of Governor Dodge - Heart of the Park Photo Contest
2012 Photo Contest Winners have been announced.
We are happy to announce the 2013 Photo Contest! Below you will find all the information you need. You may submit a photo using the link for "Electronic Submission Form" provided near the bottom of the page.
- Winter: any photo taken during snow cover in the park
- Spring: any photo showing the emergence of spring in the park
- Summer: any photo showing the park in full summer mode
- Fall: any photo showing the changing scenes of autumn
NOTE: Photos in each category may include wildlife, scenery, plant life,
people enjoying the park; any subject showcasing the specific season.
- Photos must be taken in compliance with all park rules within the boundary of Governor Dodge State Park.
- Open to any amateur photographer excluding contest judges and board members of the Friends of Governor Dodge.
- All photos must be original works taken by the photographer.
- Only the photographer who took the photo may enter it.
- Each photographer is limited to one winning award per year.
- Photo entries must be submitted electronically with a completed entry form.
- Photos must be submitted with the capability of being reproduced.
- Photos with identifiable people require a completed and signed model release form accompanying the entry. A signed form must be submitted separately.
- Limit of two photos per photographer per category.
- A photo may not be entered in more than one category.
- No "photo shopping" or digital enhancement of any photo entry is permitted.
- Photos may be black and white or color.
- Submission of any photo constitutes permission for WI DNR-Governor Dodge State Park and the Friends of Governor Dodge to use the image for website, publication, display or other promotional purposes. If used, photo credit will be listed.
- Entry deadline is November 15, 2013.
- Photos may be submitted for each category.
- A completed entry form must accompany each photo to be considered.
- Winning photos will be published in a future edition of the Friends of Governor Dodge newsletter.
- First place winners in each category will receive a 2014 Annual State Park Admission Sticker
- Second place winners in each category will receive a $15.00 gift certificate from the Cox Hollow Kiwanis Concession (valid Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2014).
- Third place winners in each category will receive a $10.00 gift certificate from the Cox Hollow Kiwanis Concession (valid Memorial Day through Labor Day, 2014).
Electronic Submission Form
A printable photo entry form.
If you are in need of submitting a 'Model Release Form', you will need to send a signed copy of the above form to the Friends. Please mail or drop off at the park office:
Friends of Gov Dodge Photo Contest
4175 Highway 23 North
Dodgeville, WI 53533
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.